Our annual Northeast Storage EXPO is being held at the Foxwoods Resort Casino September 25-26, 2018!
Exhibitors: Please go here.
We are excited to bring in Anne Ballard of Universal Storage Group and Scott Zucker of Weissmann Zucker Euster Morochnik & Garber P.C. as our breakout and keynote speakers. The education continues with your choice of roundtables and a panel on staying competitive in today’s market. There will be plenty of networking opportunities with vendors in our tradeshow hall during desingated hours and the Tuesday evening reception. You can also catch up with your business friends over drinks or meals over the course of this two-day event.
Foxwoods is offering luxurious rooms for our attendees at a very generous rate of $134 per night. You can book online here. The deadline to make your overnight hotel reservations is Monday, September 3, 2018.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
- 2:00 PM Registration
- 2:30 PM Let’s Go Beyond the Basics & Get Better, Anne Ballard of Universal Storage Group
- Today’s experts need better:
- Greeting & Telephone Skills
- Walk-In Results & Conversion Rates
- Income Improvement & Discount Reduction
- Market Analysis & Proof of Expertise
- Hit Your Income Targets & Closing the Sale
- Planning Your Marketing & Community Involvement; Onsite Events & Referrals
- Networking & Email Marketing
- Income & Budget Management
- Social Media
- Technology Deployment
- 3:45 PM Break
- 4:00 PM Is it Legal if I…?, Scott Zucker of Weissmann Zucker Euster Morochnik & Garber P.C. This Q&A session will address some of the “best practices” that apply with managing a self storage facility and how operators get into trouble. Come to the session with your questions in hand about your own properties to see if you’re legal!
- 5:00 PM Tradeshow and Reception Join us in the tradeshow hall for mingling, exhibits, hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and networking.
Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Registration begins at 8:00 AM. Wake up with breakfast and networking before a day of education and conversation. The schedule and education sessions are listed below.
- 8:00 AM Registration, Tradeshow and Breakfast
- 8:30 AM Welcome and Opening Remarks
- 8:45 AM Roundtables (attend three) –ADA Compliance in the Physical and Virtual Worlds with Scott Zucker, Weissmann Zucker Euster Morochnik & Garber P.C. –Increasing Income from Storage Operations with Charlie Fritts, SIMI –Specialty Storage and Other Options to Increase Revenue and Improve the Bottom Line with Connie Neville, SVN | C.M. Neville & Associates –Your Cell Phone as a Magical Marketing Tool with Anne Ballard, Universal Storage Group
- 10:00 AM 2018 Self Storage Legal Update: Understanding the Implications of the New Laws that May Affect Your Properties, Scott Zucker of Weissmann Zucker Euster Morochnik & Garber P.C. This keynote session will provide an update to both owners and managers on some of the legal issues impacting self storage operations around the country, including New England. Attendees will learn about property protection plans, employment policies addressing sexual harassment, new disclosures for tenant insurance, defenses being used against class action claims, and strategies to avoid wrongful sale claims. This session is designed to help you avoid costly liabilities for your business.
- 11:00 AM Exhibits
- 12:30 PM Lunch, Exhibits
- 1:15 PM Reconvene and Scholarship Award Presentation
- 1:30 PM Hi-Touch and Hi-Tech Marketing: A Knockout Combination, Anne Ballard of Universal Storage Group We’ll start with the basic hi-touch experience in your market: how long it takes, how to develop more referrals, how to get visitors to your onsite events, and creating alliances. Then back this up with low-cost and high-impact technology that anyone can learn and master in order to reach, meet, and keep your audience and make them part of your marketing army. Plus, you’ll do all of this while also cutting expenses.
- 2:30 PM Panel Session Info Coming
- 4:00 PM Closing Remarks, Adjourn
Member Registration: $149 ($169 after September 11)
Nonmember Registration: $175 ($195 after September 11)